05 Dec 2012 No Comments
Learn how to make an easy origami candy cane
Holiday is around the corner, and buying gifts could get expensive. Whether you are looking for a way to save money on Christmas Ornaments or family project that you can enjoy with your kids together to make memory, origami could be on your next to-do list.
What you will need:
- 1 square sheet of paper with two different colors
- 2 small pieces of double sided tape
Click each image for a larger photo and instructions on bottom. Instructional animated video is also available!
- Start with either side up (It does not matter which side is up – I have my color side up this time)
- Take the bottom corner to the top corner, leaving 1/4 inch left from the edge, crease. (This is a 6 inch square paper in the photos)
- Flip over.
- Take the bottom line and fold up about 1/4 inches. Keep folding tightly, maintaining about the same width. Continue 3-4 times, and you will see this coming out on the both sides
- Around the half way, start rolling not so tightly – tight enough that you can still hold together, but crease line should not be as prominent. The photo shows the optimal amount of pressure.
- When you get to the top part, take a small piece of double sided tape and put it on the top white side, keep folding up till the tape touches the paper.
- You will have another piece of paper you will have to tape. Take a piece of double sided tape and put it on red side, fold.
- Take your thumb and pointing finger and squeeze the sides, making the model more round like a real candy cane.
- Pick a point above the half line and start bending carefully. Bend more points to make a curve. (It tends to want to twist itself, so try to avoid that while bending and shaping.)
- Congratulations, you have finished!