An easy flat origami rose that you can send in mail!
I wrote a post to teach you how to fold a 3D origami rose. Here is another way to fold an easier version of rose – that is flat so you can even send in mail!
I gave the flat rose to my friend who wanted to mail origami roses to his girlfriend at the time (who is his wife now!)
Flat Origami Rose
What you need:
Two sheets of origami (same size and same or similar colors)
1. Take the first paper. Fold and crease diagonally.
2. Take the red edge and fold along the blue line that you just made in 1
3. Work on the one on the right.
4. Rotate the paper 90 degrees to right. Take the red vertex to the blue vertex. Valley fold the dashed line over, pushing in (squash) the double arrow
5. Rotate the paper 90 degrees to right. As you did in step 4, valley fold the dashed line, taking red vertex to blue vertex.
6. Rotate the paper 90 degrees to right. Fold up by taking red vertex to blue point, crease at the dashed line, open.
7. How you should have the crease as depicted in white. Take the line, take the current fold and fold outward (make valley fold to mountain fold), & tuck the flap underneath while you take the bottom vertex to where you brought to in step 6. (It is the blue point in step 6)
8. Following the arrow, insert red vertex into the blue point, folding over (valley fold) the dashed line.
9. Take the red vertex and bring it inside the flap of blue point, folding over the dashed line (squash fold under the blue)
[ignore the dashed arrow, that’s a mistake and it should have been tucked under the flap already in this picture]
The first (base) rose is complete!
Part II – Inner rose
1. Take out the other paper, fold across, and crease. (blintz fold)
2. Fold each corner towards the center.
3. Fold like the base rose, following the instructions from 2 to 8
3. Once it’s done, curl the 4 flaps outward as shown with arrows.
Inner rose is complete!
4. Put the smaller rose into the center part of first rose. Slightly open the flap where you inserted all the vertexes, and insert the smaller rose so it’s layered.
5. To the taste, but you can round the corners like this on the back of rose